Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Strange Album Covers Pt. 1

I love album covers. The visual aspect of albums can often be the difference when considering buying an album or deciding between a couple of albums. That being said, there are some truly bizarre album covers out there as well. This is the first in a new series.


EDGUY: TINNITUS SANCTUS
Someone has a big opinion of themselves. I think this is hilarious. Apparently they're trying to tell us that their music is so bad that Jesus's ears are bleeding. Just kidding, the band isn't too bad, but the imagery is pretty funny.


BLEEDING THROUGH: THE TRUTH
One of the more gruesome and realistic looking album covers. This is one of the few metalcore albums I enjoy quite a bit. Apparently this unlucky individual had his lower jaw ripped off. Unfortunately that's the most brutal thing about this album.


DESTRUCTION: RELEASE FROM AGONY
I don't know what the fuck this is supposed to be, it's just fucking weird.


CELTIC FROST: TO MEGA THERION
Let me see if I get the symbolism: the devil is using Jesus to target us? Sounds pretty close to me. Still, a great early death metal album with an H.R. Giger painting as the cover? I'm sold.


ACID BATH: WHEN THE KITE STRING POPS
What the fuck do clowns have to do with metal? And a painting of a clown? Well the answer is fairly clear when you find out that serial killer John Wayne Gacy painted this. Pretty macabre if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment