Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly Recap Jan. 17-Jan. 23

Let's see, what happened this week? Well, very little in my little world. I had my end of the year review with the partners at my law firm. It went pretty well, I'm happy to say. Some constructive criticism, but for the most part praise. I continued work on a sexual assault case, which will probably be plead out on Monday. I went to the County Bar Association meeting and had some steak and beer. Good stuff.

My fiancee and I went to see Legion last night. It was pretty decent. Similar story to The Prophecy trilogy, with some of the same characters. It was not as good as The Prophecy trilogy, but it was bloodier and a hell of a lot more violent. Sign of a good horror movie. My fiancee wasn't completely freaked by it, which is good. They had the trailer for the new A Nightmare on Elm Street movie which doesn't look as horrendously awful as I originally predicted. I was very impressed by Jackie Earle Haley in Watchmen so this could be pretty decent.

She and I went to Omaha on Sunday for her to meet her parents and attend a Bridal Fair. I tried to go to a few music stores, but found two were now closed, and one was very small and did not have a separate metal section. I did go to the Homer's in the Old Market area which remains a high quality music store. It's too bad I don't get to Omaha much anymore.

I bought two albums this week: Evile's Infected Nations and Sarcolytic's Thee Arcane Progeny.

In the world of metal this week:
-We had three deaths this last week. Former Broken Hope singer Joe Ptacek committed suicide. Broken Hope has never been a terribly well-known band. I myself have heard of them, but not heard them much. Two members of the U.K. band After Death, Leon Villalba and Timothy Kennelly, drowned while on tour in Brazil. One of the bodies has not been found. I have not heard this band much either. My condolences go out to the remaining band members, family, and friends of these three men in their time of tragedy.

-Drummer Stefan Westerberg left Carnal Forge, leaving the Swedish thrash metal band without a single original member. Not too many bands out there like that.

That's pretty much it for this week. Here's the album list:
Acid Bath: When the Kite String Pops
Advent: The Dawn
Carpathian Forest: Defending the Throne of Evil
Celtic Frost: Into the Pandemonium
Dark Tranquillity: Haven
Deicide: Legion
Destroyer 666: Defiance
Devastation: Idolatry
Devastator: Nuclear Proliferation
Down: II-A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
Down: III-Over the Under
Dying Fetus: Descend Into Depravity
Dying Fetus: War of Attrition
Edge of Sanity: Crimson
Eluveitie: Slania
Evile: Infected Nations
Finnugor: Black Flames
Goatwhore: Carving Out the Eyes of God
Gorgoroth: Pentagram
Hacavitz: Katun
Heaven & Hell: The Devil You Know
Helstar: The King of HellImpaled Nazarene: All That You Fear
In Memory of...Celtic Frost
Iron Maiden: The Best of the Beast
Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance
Kawir: Ophiolatreia
Lacuna Coil: Karmacode
Lament Configuration: Demonic Incantations
Liege Lord: Burn to My Touch
Manowar: Kings of Metal
Mastodon: Leviathan
Megadeth: Capitol Punishment-The Megadeth Years
Megadeth: Endgame
Megadeth: The System has Failed
Megadeth: The World Needs a Hero
Megadeth: United Abominations
Metal Church: Metal Church
Militia: Released
Moonspell: The Antidote
My Dark Sin: Cogitationes
My Dying Bride: The Angel and the Dark River
Mydgard: Decay of Thy Gods
Necrophagist: Onset of Putrefaction
Nightmare: Genetic Disorder
Nitro: O.F.R.
Paradise Lost: Gothic
Pharaoh: Be Gone
Razor: Violent Restitution
Razor of Occam: Homage to Martyrs
Sarcolytic: Thee Arcane Progeny
Slauter Xstroyes: Winter Kill
Soilwork: The Chainheart Machine
Suffocation: Suffocation
Syrach: Days of Wrath
The Sins of Thy Beloved: Lake of Sorrow
Twisted Tower Dire: Crest of the Martyrs
Type O Negative: The Least Worst Of
Venom: Black Metal
Victimizer: The Final Assault
Watchtower: Energetic Disassembly

1 comment:

  1. You mean the Bar Association party?

    ReplyDelete