Saturday, December 1, 2012

Goddammit Decibel

Today I picked up Decibel's Top 40 of 2012 issue.  I had a feeling I would have complaints.  Boy was I right.  I will not mention who took the top spot.  I will not reprint the list.  If you want to know, check it out.  Suffice to say I don't see eye to eye with Decibel about a lot of things, and their pick for the top spot is probably the biggest one.  I have tried listening to this band over and over again just trying to see the point and I can not.  I even tried to listen to this album earlier today and I still do not get it.  I certainly do not see making this album their top album of the year, their last album was album of the year if I recall and one of their albums was the magazine's album of the decade.  I don't get it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, there were actually a surprising number of good albums on that list, but I too was quite annoyed with their top pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad to see I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete