Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cataloguing My Metal Collection Pt. 50

ARTIST:  Dream Theater
ORIGIN:  Long Island, NY (United States)
TITLE:  Awake
LABEL:  Atlantic Records
YEAR:  1994
GENRE:  Progressive Metal
FAVORITE SONG:  "The Mirror"
NOTES:  This is actually the only album I own by Dream Theater.  I remember "Caught in a Web" being all over The Blaze, the hard rock radio station in the city I grew up in.  I liked the song quite a bit but was not quite convinced about buying the album.  Eventually I found it used, and I think it was the first used album I ever bought.  I like this album quite a bit but there are some less-than-impressive songs.  I am very impressed with the musicianship on this album though.  I do not really know why I never picked anything else up by this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment