Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cataloguing My Metal Collection Pt. 40

ARTIST:  Alice in Chains
ORIGIN:  Seattle, WA (United States)
TITLE:  Alice in Chains
LABEL:  Columbia Records
YEAR:  1995
GENRE:  Heavy Metal
FAVORITE SONG:  "Head Creeps"
NOTES:  This was my first CD.  I got it for Christmas Eve my freshman year of high school.  Of course it kind of spoiled one of my upcoming presents because I did not have a CD player yet when I opened this.  A lot of metalheads are kind of revisionist about their views on the grunge scene and claim that they were only ever into Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.  Those really were the only bands I cared for much from that scene.  They are certainly the only ones out of the big four of grunge that I ever obtained albums by.  Although I did have some other groups like Bush and Candlebox for some odd reason I never got Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment