Friday, April 16, 2010

Revolver Golden Gods 2010: Another Failure

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/13/2010-revolver-golden-gods-award-winners/

Apparently this actually happened a couple of nights ago. And the real question is, how much of a failure was it?

Here's the winners list with some random thoughts from me:
BEST GUITARIST
Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society)
-Eh, I don't agree. Wylde was somewhat revolutionary in the early 1990's when he joined Ozzy Osbourne, but his style is somewhat tired now. I've never been a very big fan of his solo work at all.

BEST DRUMMER
Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan (Avenged Sevenfold)
-I mentioned this before, but I suspect this is entirely a tribute since he died earlier in the year. I've never been particularly impressed. Also, the glorious return of NFM.

BEST VOCALIST
Ronnie James Dio (Heaven & Hell)
-Agreed.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Alice in Chains, 'Black Gives Way to Blue'
-Somewhat outside the box. Certainly a good album, but I'm not sure I agree with Album of the Year.

BEST LIVE BAND
Metallica
-Damn fine live band.

BEST UNDERGROUND BAND
Dillinger Escape Plan
-Disagree. I've mentioned it before, I do not get why this band is so popular. I cannot get into them at all. To each their own. NFM.

MOST METAL ATHLETE
Marc Colombo, Cory Procter, and Leonard Davis (Dallas Cowboys offensive linemen and members of Free Reign)
-Free Reign sucks. NFM.

HOTTEST CHICK(S) IN METAL
Maria Brink (In This Moment)
-I don't see her appeal either. She's a terrible vocalist. She has a big rack, that's about it.

HONORARY HEADBANGER
Robert England, aka Freddy Kruger
-Is he really into metal?

Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment