Saturday, July 23, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 82: Rotting Christ

I was aware of Rotting Christ for quite a long time prior to finally checking them out. Like some others, I was a little put off by the band's name, not because I felt it was blasphemous (it certainly is, but that does not bother me), but because I felt that a band with that ridiculous of a moniker really could not be taken seriously as musicians. I was wrong. Rotting Christ are stunning musicians with a flair for melodies that is unmatched by almost any other band. Their music is truly unique, taking black metal, gothic metal, and Greek folk elements and throwing them all together. Since I discovered them, they have quickly jumped into my Top 10 favorite bands, not just my Top 100.

FAVORITE ALBUM: NON SERVIAM

No comments:

Post a Comment