Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 66: Megadeth

I picked Megadeth as my favorite U.S. metal band in what could be considered a bit of a surprising post. I stand by that for the moment, although my tastes change seemingly daily. I just think Megadeth has been more consistent than Metallica, though that is not really saying all that much. Megadeth is of course one of the biggest thrash metal bands in the world, a member of the Big 4, and easily one of the more controversial metal bands out there. Dave Mustaine uses a lot of politically incendiary lyrics, and his new-found Christian beliefs have been met with some criticism. All that is unimportant though when the band puts out good music, and Megadeth certainly does that, especially with their huge comeback album Endgame. Nevertheless, it is still the earlier material that is the most interesting.

FAVORITE ALBUM: RUST IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment