Monday, July 18, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 77: Overkill

Lots of thrash metal bands have made it onto this list because I am such a big fan of the genre. Overkill is a band I was aware of for a long time but did not start getting into until after law school. I have no idea why. As soon as I started listening to them, I quickly realized that this is one of the greatest pure thrash metal bands ever. Overkill may have also been one of the first thrash metal bands. They have never really released a bad album, despite experimenting some with groove metal in the 1990's. They also have not lost a step despite playing this style for more than 30 years now. Their latest album is every bit as strong and aggressive as their early 1980's material. They also remain a spectacular live band.

FAVORITE ALBUM: HORRORSCOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment