Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 79: Paradise Lost

I discovered Paradise Lost early in my formative metal years. I think I was a sophomore in high school when I heard them on the radio for songs "Once Solemn" and "Enchantment" and got the album for Christmas. One of the songs even inspired my email name. The gothic/doom metal band was part of the English wave of similar groups in the late 1980's to early 1990's, arriving on the scene with My Dying Bride and Anathema among others. Their music is often hauntingly beautiful and powerful with effective usage of keyboards and guitar leads. They have gone a little too far with the gothic influences at times, but have still managed to continue to release quality material.

FAVORITE ALBUM: DRACONIAN TIMES

No comments:

Post a Comment