Thursday, July 7, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 68: Mercyful Fate

I did not even realize until just recently that King Diamond did not make my list. This may have been intentional when I was putting it together as King Diamond and Mercyful Fate are basically the same band anyway. Obviously there are some differences, but Mercyful Fate has all of the strengths that King Diamond has and has also put out better albums. I just prefer the work of Mercyful Fate, just as I prefer Black Sabbath to Ozzy Osbourne and White Zombie to Rob Zombie. Mercyful Fate also did a lot to influence black metal, whereas King Diamond did not to the same degree. So, when it comes down to it, King Diamond's music can be included here, but there really was no point in doing posts on each band, especially when Mercyful Fate's material is so much better.

FAVORITE ALBUM: MELISSA

1 comment:

  1. Excellent beyond excellent. They are easily in my top 5, although it would be tough to put them all in order.

    ReplyDelete