Monday, May 2, 2011

My Favorite Metal Band from Japan

There are not a lot of bands from Japan that I am aware of. Obviously there is the avant garde metal band Sigh, crust/doom metal band Gallhammer, and blackened thrash metal band Sabbat, but as much as I like those bands, they are not quite as impressive as Coffins. The death/doom band sounds a bit like Hellhammer/Celtic Frost played as slowly as possible. They have massively heavy riffs and deep guttural vocals. They do kick things up a notch on occasion though and the similarities to the Swiss group become even more apparent. Coffins is a great, underrated band.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Gallhammer
King's-Evil
Sabbat
Sigh
Vomit Remnants

1 comment:

  1. I heard about these guys and thought it sounded like something I'd like. You've convinced me to actively seek it out.

    ReplyDelete