Saturday, May 28, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 43: Fear Factory

Fear Factory is a band that I first got into early on in my formative years as a metal head. They got some play on the local hard rock radio station and appeared on a couple of soundtracks that I liked. So I checked them out. Their earliest material is a perfect blend of death metal and industrial metal. Fear Factory's singer Burton C. Bell is also largely credited with being a pioneer in the clean/extreme vocal style. Bell's voice was the first thing that stuck out to me, but Dino Cazares's guitar work was also top-notch for the style. Though their material after Obsolete is hit and miss, they are still an important band in my metal history. They were also only the second band that I liked enough to get a t-shirt, after Sepultura.

FAVORITE ALBUM: DEMANUFACTURE

No comments:

Post a Comment