Friday, June 18, 2010

What the Hell?

So, yesterday I went to the only place in town that gets new metal releases. It's a Hastings Bookstore and it is conveniently located between my office and our house. Last week, as you may recall from my recap, new releases from Watain, Nevermore, and Nachtmystium were released. Two of those releases were by Century Media, a pretty big label for underground music. But, Hastings did not get a single one of those albums in stock. I could not believe it. Anyway, back to yesterday, I stopped in just to kill some time after the County Bar Association meeting and browsed, thinking my fiancee was still with the horses. Still no Watain, Nevermore, or Nachtmystium, but I found Warbeast. They did not get the new releases from three major bands on decent sized labels, but they get the obscure band made up of members of Rigor Mortis and Gammacide on Housecore Records, a small independent label run by Phil Anselmo with just twelve bands to its name.

I don't understand the world anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a remote possibility that all the copies they got had already been sold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I asked. They are not carrying those albums.

    ReplyDelete