Sunday, November 18, 2012

Non-Metal Post: Misfits

For a long time I did listen to a number of non-metal bands.  It's true.  I seldomly listen to non-metal bands now, but there are a few exceptions.

Misfits is the biggest exception.  I started out on them after hearing the numerous Metallica covers of Misfits songs and finding out that Glenn Danzig used to be their singer.  I am not the biggest punk fan in the world, but Misfits are so ridiculously catchy that it is hard not to get into them.  Their lyrics deal almost strictly with horror themes and the music is infectious.  It is not the most technically impressive, in fact far from it, and the musicians were certainly not terribly talented, but they could write a damn good song.

I have the Walk Among Us album and have been listening to it over and over again today.  It is the only album I have picked up from the group, but I love tracks like "I Turned into a Martian", "Skulls", "All Hell Breaks Loose", and pretty much everything else on the album.  The fact that it is only a 25 minute album certainly makes it easy to turn it on, rock out for a little while, and move on.  I keep meaning to check out more, but for now, this is a fun album to put on when I am in the mood for it.  Today I definitely was in the mood. 

1 comment:

  1. That's not true at all. You listen to non-metal bands ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete