Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cataloguing My Metal Collection Pt. 21

ARTIST:  Faith No More
ORIGIN:  San Francisco, CA (United States)
TITLE:  King for a Day...Fool for a Lifetime
LABEL:  Slash Records
YEAR:  1995
GENRE:  Alternative Metal
FAVORITE SONG:  "Digging the Grave"
NOTES:  This was my first full-length album by Faith No More but I had been aware of them for years.  In fact, they may have been the first metal band I really heard as my older brother was a big fan of theirs for quite some time.  I think I was in fourth grade when my brother got The Real Thing and I heard it a lot.  This was a bit of a different sound from Faith No More.  It is more stripped down and does not have some of the rap elements that first garnered the band attention.  There are some filler tracks on this release, but as a whole, it is a fairly strong album.

No comments:

Post a Comment