Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Not Metal Post: My Fiancee's Ipod

So, I bought my fiancee an Ipod (or however the hell it is best written) for the first Christmas we were together. It has quickly become the bane of my existence. She has, shall we say, eclectic musical taste. We were having a discussion recently about songs to clear the reception hall and I pointed out to her that many of the songs on her Ipod are objectively terrible and just as likely to clear the reception hall as Cannibal Corpse's "I Cum Blood". So, here's a list of some of the crap on her Ipod that will also chase away people:

"Barbie Girl", yes the Aqua song. It's amazingly dirty actually.
"My First Kiss"
"We Like to Party"
Some song with instructions on doing a stupid dance that I can't even name but I point out every time it comes on that it's not actually a song but instructions set to a keyboard rhythm.

This will probably be an ongoing list as I think of things. My brain isn't working this morning.

9 comments:

  1. The beauty of an iPod is the ability to easily carry songs for every occasion... including driving people screaming into the night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Barbie Girl" is the only one of those I know.

    My wife also has awful taste in music, but I wouldn't necessarily call her taste eclectic. She will insist my music is awful, but I have evidence she doesn't even like her own music. That evidence is her iTunes, since it tracks how many times you listen to each song. It only counts if you actually listen to it, not when you skip it partway through. Last time I looked, she hadn't finished a single song in months. Yet, she listens to her iPod often.

    She says she listens to music "differently". Yes, that's certainly true. I submit to the court that this is clear and convincing evidence she doesn't even like her own music, and therefore has no place criticizing anyone else's. Thank you, your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand what she means, though. Some people like to sample but they get bored quickly, so they play a minute or so of a song then skip to something else, even if it's all music they like. I know people who are really into music that still do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well when I say her taste is eclectic, it's because she has hip hop, pop, classical, rock, country, and everything in between, all except for metal on that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I do have metal, but it is more along the lines of The Scorpions. But I do NOT have any polka. My iPod is a 'no fly zone' for polka....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not even Weird Al polkas? :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, no polka and only mainstream metal . . . in other words, no Finntroll. You're missing out.

    To Anonymous: If someone goes to an ice cream shop, and samples all of the flavors, I will believe them if they say they're a fan of ice cream. Music is different, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fair enough I suppose.

    ReplyDelete