Tuesday, December 22, 2009

About.com Best Metal of 2009

How do you become the official blogger for some of these sites? I'm opiniated. I'm outspoken. How do I get someone to pay me for my opinions? I suppose that's the line of business I'm in, what with being a lawyer and all.

Anyway, that brings us to About.com. They have their own heavy metal page. Weird, huh?

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/bestof2009/tp/2009bestheavymetalcds.htm

Here's their Top 20:

20. Anaal Nathrakh: In the Constellation of the Black Widow
19. Ashyx: Death...The Brutal Way
18. Coalesce: Ox
17. Candlemass: Death Magic Doom
16. Immortal: All Shall Fall
15. Amorphis: Skyforger
14. The Gates of Slumber: Hymns of Blood and Thunder
13. Katatonia: Night is the New Day
12. Goatwhore: Carving Out the Eyes of God
11. Revocation: Existence is Futile
10. Brutal Truth: Evolution Through Revolution
9. Slayer: World Painted Blood
8. Baroness: Blue Record
7. Between the Buried and Me: The Great Misdirect
6. Isis: Wavering Radiant
5. Sunn O))): Monoliths and Dimensions
4. Napalm Death: Time Waits for No Slave
3. Nile: Those Whom the Gods Detest
2. Megadeth: Endgame
1. Mastodon: Crack the Skye

Actually a pretty good list. I don't agree with #s 5-7 at all. I tried listening to BTBAM yesterday and was bored out of my mind. Lame. Everything else is pretty decent. Plus, hey no Converge this time. Weird. This is probably the last Best of 2009 list I will do unless there is something really awful. Mine is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment