Saturday, February 9, 2013

Concert Tonight

My wife has been pretty good to me on Valentine's Day over the years.  Last year she gave me the most recent CDs from Vektor and Disma, two fantastic albums.  The year before that she gave me a Napalm Death 3 CD set.  This year, she bought tickets to a concert in Lincoln.  The concert will feature four bands, though we will most likely not see all of them.

BATTLECROSS
I have not heard of this band before, but they seem like they would be up my alley.  Unfortunately with a two hour drive there and back and lots of things to take care of at home, we don't really want to be gone too long.  So we will likely miss Battlecross.

ALL SHALL PERISH
They are one of the more interesting deathcore bands, but that is akin to saying something is the best-tasting piece of animal feces.  It may be true but in the end you're still eating shit.

DEMON HUNTER
I could not give less of a fuck about Demon Hunter.  Their nu-metal-tinged metalcore has never struck a chord with me, even when I did not mind those genres.

IN FLAMES
This is why we are going.  I did not even check out their last album after disliking A Sense of Purpose.  But I enjoyed all of their other stuff.  I guess I am hoping for an even-distributed concert since it has been two years since the last release.  In Flames was vital in my metal experience during law school and shortly afterwards.  They were once one of my favorite bands.

I missed a concert a couple of weeks ago.  Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Dying Fetus, and The Contortionist were in Omaha, but it was on a Monday night and things have been incredibly hectic at work lately.  Also I don't care for Hatebreed, Shadows Fall was once mildly interesting and I have never heard of The Contortionist.  Still Dying Fetus would have been worth it.  And I would have loved to pick up a t-shirt and wear it around town here.

1 comment:

  1. After seeing them, I agree 100% about All Shall Perish....

    ReplyDelete