Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Songs to Listen to While Angry

This one was my fiancee's idea and I thought it sounded pretty good. Essentially, she wanted to know what my favorite songs to listen to while angry were. Since metal is a particularly aggressive genre, it's kind of tough to limit things to just a few. But here's an attempt. I have also posted a particularly scathing segment of the lyrics to give an idea of why the song is here.

ALICE IN CHAINS: GOD AM
Dear God, how have you been then?
I'm not fine, fuck pretending
All of this death your sending
Best throw some free heart mending

Invite you in my heart, then
When done, my sins forgiven?
This God of mine relaxes
World dies I still pay taxes

ANTHRAX: HY PRO GLO
Who, what, where, when, why,
How many ways can you lie
How many ways can you try
How many ways can you die
What am I gonna do
I can't look at you
What are you gonna do
You're no hypocrite

I bash my head against the wall everyday
You'd bash your head against a wall anyway
And then you turn to look to see if I care
But I can't, and I never did
What'd you expect me to give
You never deserved my respect

DEATH: SCAVENGER OF HUMAN SORROW
What pain will it take
To satisfy your sick appetite
Go in for the kill
Always in sight-prey
The time always right-feast
Feed on the pain-taste
Sorrow made flesh-sweet
Live how you want
Just don't feed on me
If you doubt what I say
I will make you believe

DEVILDRIVER: HOLD BACK THE DAY
Dig deep
Dig in deeper
You go where only fools
Fear to tread
You'll find devices to kill your master
Why not kill your maker instead
Leave it to the ones that own you
Leave it to those ones to disown you
Put faith & trust in the dusk
Do what you must do

DEVILDRIVER: BEFORE THE HANGMAN'S NOOSE
Truth be told the water looks cold
And the trees fly by as we drive
The sun goes down
Sometimes I wanna stay
Sometimes I wanna leave
Sometimes I gotta ride
Riding this rail I know what I'm on
But not now what I'm in for
This train to somewhere seems to never end
As far as I can tell..... Hell

Before all hell breaks loose
Before the hangman's noose
And as the sun goes down
I'll say
It's a good day to die, a good day to die

DOWN: LOSING ALL
I'm lord of misery
I'm king of the hill
I'm a broken man of the world
in a state of

my wrists are slit,
I'm losing all.
gun at my head,
I'm losing all.
my bones are broken,
I'm losing all
last time I had,
I'm losing all

EXODUS: A LESSON IN VIOLENCE
if you got something to say
then come my way
i'm guarded by satan
i'm riding on baphomet
i'll teach you a lesson in violence
you won't soon forget

the pleasure of watching you
is what i will get

JUDAS PRIEST: YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING
One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said i'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'

JUDAS PRIEST: SOME HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL
The power-mad freaks who are ruling the earth
Will show how little they think you're worth
With animal lust they'll devour your life
And slice your word to bits like a knife
One last day burning hell fire
You're blown away...
If the man with the power
Can't keep it under control

Some heads are gonna roll

KREATOR: PLEASURE TO KILL
to night as i rise from my grave
black was the hole where i laid
stalking the city to seek out your blood
i love when it showers from my blade
your body is so pretty but how will it look
when my perverted lust is stilled
no one to save you no parents or friends
because they've already got killed

my only aim is to take many lives
the more the better i feel
my only pleasure is to hear many cries
from those tortured by my steel
the colour of your blood from your open body
is all i wanted to see
tasting the blood from your lips as you die
means satisfaction to me

MACHINE HEAD: DAVIDIAN
Burn my fist to the concrete
My fear is my strength
Power, rage unbound because
Been pounded by the streets
Cyanide blood burns down the skyline
Hatred is purity
The bullet connects at last
Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

MEGADETH: ARCHITECTURE OF AGGRESSION
Born from the dark, in the black cloak of night
To envelope its prey below, deliver to the light
To eliminate your enemy, hit them in their sleep
And when all is won and lost the spoils of war are yours to keep

MEGADETH: CRUSH 'EM
Last one standing wins the fight
hear us scream and shout all night
down on the floor and eat the grit
this is gonna hurt a little bit

Heads I win, tails you lose
out of my way I'm coming through
roll the dice don't think twice
and we crush, crush 'em

METALLICA: BATTERY
Smashing through the boundaries
lunacy has found me
cannot stop the Battery
Pounding out aggression
turns into obsession
cannot kill the Battery
Cannot kill the family
Battery is found in me
Battery

METALLICA: HARVESTER OF SORROW
My life suffocates
Planting seeds of hate
I've loved, turned to hate
Trapped far beyond my fate

I give
You take
This life that i forsake
Been cheated of my youth
You turned this lie to truth

Anger
Misery
You'll suffer unto me

Harvester of sorrow
Language of the mad
Harvester of sorrow

METALLICA: DYERS EVE
Dear mother
Dear father
You've clipped my wings before i learned to fly
Unspoiled
Unspoken
I've outgrown that fucking lullaby
Same thing i've always heard from you
Do as i say not as i do

Innocence
Torn from me without your shelter
Barred reality
I'm living blindly
I'm in hell without you
Cannot cope without you two
Shocked at the world that i see
Innocent victim please rescue me

MISERY LOVES CO.: HAPPY?
Always want what I haven't got. Trying to be what I am not.
Killing things with this razor blade, makin' sure a price gets
paid. I'm happy with my misery. Please leave me be. There's
nothing wrong with me, you see. I'm happy with my misery.

OUTWORLD: WARCRY
Here's to your progress
A mask on avarice
Here's to you conscience, a weathered cliche

And as I walk through the filthy streets
Where all I loved has died
I'll raise my voice here into the sky
Now hear my War Cry

PANTERA: WALK
Respect, walk

Run your mouth when I'm not around It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing you song?
Those same friends tell me your every word

PANTERA: FUCKING HOSTILE
Come meet your maker, boy Some things you can't enjoy
Because of heaven/hell A fucking wives' tale
They put it in your head Then put you in your bed
He's watching say your prayers Cause God is everywhere
Now I'll play a man learning priesthood
Who's about to take the ultimate test in life
I'd question things because I am human
And call NO ONE my father who's no closer that a stranger
I won't listen

PARADISE LOST: FOREVER FAILURE
High times are courageous,
But it truth they suit no purpose,
Induced, reduced, unable and afraid...

Can you feel rejection,
And a lack of motivation,
And the joy you need, restricted and delayed.

Are you forever- loss of purpose in a passive life
Are you forever- pale, regarded as a waste of time

PRONG: SNAP YOUR FINGERS, SNAP YOUR NECK
nothing breeds more contempt for this world
than memories now formed every moment
a new seed is grown to no reason the
trouble unfolds for the trials of today
i'm no jury really don't care how you feel the pleasant notion of miraculous change
drifts into multiple jeers you want the good life
you break your back you snap your fingers you snap your neck

SEPULTURA: REFUSE/RESIST
Chaos A.D.
Tanks On The Streets
Confronting Police
Bleeding The Plebs
Raging Crowd
Burning Cars
Bloodshed Starts
Who'll Be Alive?!

Chaos A.D.
Army In Siege
Total Alarm
I'm Sick Of This
Inside The State
War Is Created
No Man's Land
What Is This Shit?!

SLAYER: SERENITY IN MURDER
Let me take you down without a sound
Dead before you hit the ground
Blood washes my hand can't understand
Sterilizing my pain

Washed away with crimson tide
By my hand I keep testing time
Quench the fire that drives my soul
Soothing me as death takes hold

TESTAMENT: TRUE BELIEVER
No use in praying forever shall I roam
Smoke dusted angels now: it's the only way I know
As I cross the line between bad and evil
Nothing can touch me now - true believer

Ash to ashe, dust to dust
All I ever wanted was power of the blood
Now look what I have done, what I have become
I'm the choosen one; never gonna take me
Never gonna change me, never gonna escape me now

Do you believe there is evil in my soul?
One final high is the way that I really want to go
As I cross the line between bad and evil
Nothing can touch me now - true believer

VADER: WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BLOOD?
WARLUST !!!
SCREAMING OUT ALL PAIN
MERCY DIED
IT'S GONE FOREVER

FEAR IS NOT MY ALLY
TOTAL ATTACK !!!!
I AM CONQUEROR
I SPILL BLOOD

HELL'S CHILD
IS THE NAME YOU KNOW
AND I ALWAYS RAISE MY SWORD
AGAINST THE LIARS

IN FURY
NOW I'M ASKING YOU-
WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR BLOOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment