Monday, October 12, 2009

Nebraska Concerts

Unfortunately, I have not been to too many concerts. Nebraska is fairly notorious for its lack of decent concerts in almost all genres. However, metal is even worse. At this point, there are a few viable places to see concerts in Lincoln and Omaha, but little to no advertisement. So, by the time I hear about good concerts, it's usually too late. In addition, concerts around here are typically on week nights, which would not be a problem except that I no longer live in Lincoln or Omaha and would have to travel at least two hours to get to a concert.

I'm just ranting here. Metalsucks recently announced a concert tour with Mutiny Within, Arsis, Exodus, and Arch Enemy, a tour bill I would love to see. Where's the closest venue though? Chicago, nine hours away. Ugh.

I guess I can't complain too much, but if the rumors of a Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax tour are correct, I'm going no matter where it is, provided my fiancee lets me (please?).

No comments:

Post a Comment