Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reissue for the Year 2010: Convulse: World Without God

Upon reviewing some of my recent posts, I realized that I did not include this feature for the 2010 review. I meant to, it just slipped my mind.

The Finnish death metal band Convulse had their epic debut album reissued in 2010 by Relapse Records. The release also features the Resuscitation of Evilness demo, a rehearsal from 1990, and a live cover of Venom's "Countess Bathory". Convulse was never quite as twisted as countrymen Demilich, but they were certainly dark and brutal. Sounding more like Morbid Angel and Immolation than anything, this is an impressive album from a mostly forgotten band. Convulse morphed into more of a death n' roll band as time went on, but this is a twisted, evil slice of death metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment