A couple things I have been thinking about tonight.
1. A recent comment I made on Full Metal Attorney here, made me think about who would be the best person to be an ambassador for metal. Now that Ronnie James Dio has died, I really believe the answer should be Rob Halford. Here's why: Halford is one person who has really embraced the heavy metal label. He has also expressed enjoyment of a variety of metal styles, including going so far as to say he would like to do a project with members of Emperor. Lemmy Kilmister has never really warmed up to the metal label, instead classifying his band simply as "rock & roll". Halford has also been around a long time and is universally respected in the metal genre.
2. Decibel shorted me on a flexi disc this month. Of course it's the Enslaved one, and I am a huge fan of Enslaved. I have contacted them and thus far not received a response.
3. After having read an interview with Tom "Angelripper" Such in Decibel, I have a huge amount of respect for him. Sodom has been one of my favorite bands for awhile, now even moreso.
4. I have read the last three issues of Decibel in the last week. I find myself becoming a bit disenchanted with it. They cover an awful lot of hardcore, grindcore, and noise rock. They also seem to prefer those albums to the metal albums. Metal albums seem to have lower overall ratings than those of the other three genres mentioned above. Anyone else notice this?
5. I tried listening to Converge's Jane Doe last night after re-reading some of my posts. I cannot stand it. I just do not get it. And for Decibel to choose that as the album of the decade last year bothers me.
6. Wedding plans are coming along. It still feels like there is a lot to do, but I am looking forward to getting married to my fiancee this year.
7. Still have not officially opened my law firm, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
8. My fiancee and I are moving to an acreage in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to that.