Friday, March 15, 2019

Aseptic: Senses Decay (2018)

This was originally an EP that was sent to me as a promo to review from the label Redefining Darkness Records.  I liked it so much after listening to it that I decided to support the band and order a physical copy.  I do frequently do that.

Aseptic is a death metal duo from San Jose, California (a drummer and a vocalist/guitarist).  Given their roots, it is not surprising how much they sound like Possessed.  In fact it is more of a grimier, dirtier Possessed, sort of like if the band decided to start covering Obituary songs.  It is a call-back to a simpler time.  When death metal was truly deadly. 

This is a very short EP, just four songs and just over ten minutes in length total.  The songs fly by quickly, only one of them breaks the three-minute mark.  They usually consist of a slower swampier section, followed by a much faster riff that takes up much of the rest of the track.  There is not a lot of room for frills here, it is just pure, unadulterated, face-melting death metal. 

Aseptic has been around for a little while now and have released a couple of full-lengths.  I would not have heard of this band if not for the promo that was sent to me.  Now I have some more stuff to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment