Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Persecutor: Demo 2018 (2018)

Well, as the name of this release says, this is a demo from the Norwegian thrashers Persecutor.  It is the band's first demo in fact, though both members have been in other bands previously.  I have not personally heard any of those bands, but all I really cared about when deciding to check out the band is that they are a Norwegian thrash metal band.  I was sold.

I heard about this one from Decibel's Demo:Listen feature.  The feature has steered me into a few other great bands.  But Persecutor may be the best of them all thus far.

The demo consists of just two songs and barely passes the five minute mark.  But that does not matter when the music is as raw and savage as this is.  This is an absolutely punishing release with the two band members making as much noise as possible.  Of the two tracks, "Fester in Slime" is probably the best, as it is pure power from start to finish. 

Persecutor definitely has a strong future.  I am looking forward to hearing more from them, particularly if a full-length is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment