Monday, October 1, 2012

Your First CD

Link.

Yahoo had this article on today, so I figured I would share.  I was very late to the CD game.  When I first started getting into music cassettes were cheap and readily available.  My first CD was around Christmas in 1995.  My parents decided to get me a CD player finally and I got my first CD on Christmas Eve from my grandparents.  I did not get the CD player until the next day but that gift kind of spoiled it.  So my first CD was the self-titled album by Alice in Chains.
The next day I received several more:
Megadeth: So Far, So Good...So What!
Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of a Madman
Ozzy Osbourne: Ozzmosis
Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Obviously Smashing Pumpkins is the one that stands out.  I never really got that album and got rid of it soon afterwards.

Anyone else have any stories?

2 comments:

  1. My first cd was a Christmas present too. I don't remember what year it was, but I'm thinking it was 1997 or 1998. The album was "Couldn't Stand the Weather" by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first CD was Metallica's black album, which I bought at the same time I bought my CD player (after months of allowance saving). I've told that story before, but it bears repeating.

    ReplyDelete