Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reader Submission: Outrage: Go to Hell

Why is this the first I have heard of this band? Outrage is a German blackened thrash metal band in the vein of early Hellhammer, Venom, and Sodom. That happens to be one of my favorite styles of metal, so it's bizarre that this band has escaped me. Especially since the band was around in the mid 1980's before hanging it up and then returning in the early 2000's.

Obviously with the above comparisons to early Hellhammer, Venom, and Sodom, most of you probably already know what to expect. Fast, raw, and filthy blackened thrash metal that is also surprisingly catchy. The guitar tone is extremely impressive, cutting through like a knife. The atmosphere is dark and evil-sounding, just how I like it. The vocals sound like a cross between Tom Warrior and Cronos, with the singer occasionally emitting some surprising shrieks, which sound a little goofy at first.

The only gripe I have is the production. It is a little too crisp and clean, which for this style of metal is not really the best fit.

Obviously this band is just out there to have a blast playing the kind of music they want to play. It's a hell of a fun ride. I am surprised that this is the first time I have heard of this band, but I will definitely look into their past material.

No comments:

Post a Comment