Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 97: Type O Negative

I will never forget my first impression of Type O Negative. I was in middle school, and was vaguely aware that there was a band out there with that name. I was up late one night and caught their video on some weird show on FX. The video was "Black No. 1" and the it was a black and white video with occasional colors once in awhile. What drew my attention though was frontman Peter Steele (R.I.P.) playing a string bass which he held in his arms like a guitar. Steele was a mountain of a frontman cutting a tremendously imposing presence, with a deep voice to match. Plus the song was good too. I was hooked after that. I have not always been as enamored with their later work through the years, but everything up through Bloody Kisses is an absolute classic.

FAVORITE ALBUM: BLOODY KISSES

No comments:

Post a Comment