Friday, March 27, 2009

Me Too! Me Too! I Wanna Be Popular!

Ah, screamo-crunk. If only I could get in a time machine and go back to when I was blissfully unaware such a phenomenon existed. Ah, if only.

If you don't know what this is, either quit reading now or you will never feel safe again. Screamo-crunk grew out of two of the most godawful music scenes of the last 50 years. These bands combine the grating whininess of emo with the upbeat, club anthems of crunk, a music so horrible that most rappers are trying to steer clear of it. This melds together to create something so horrendous, words cannot begin to describe it. Run away. Run far away.

I first read about this on some other metal blogs. One of the bloggers wrote that the scene was featured in the latest issue of Revolver, a horrible false metal magazine. He said he did not see how this was considered metal, or even hard rock. Well the answer is simple, this is NOT metal, not by a long shot. It does not bear the slightest resemblance to metal. I feel very safe in saying that it will never be confused for metal.

I now know that I am old. I cannot believe the trash kids these days listen to. Here is a sample, but remember, you cannot un-hear this.

No comments:

Post a Comment