Tuesday, February 25, 2014

As I Lay Dying Singer Pleads to Solicitation for Murder

Link.

Oh good, some legal news in metal.  Tim Lambesis, singer for "Christian" metal band As I Lay Dying, as well as Austrian Death Machine plead guilty as part of a plea deal to attempting to hire someone to kill his wife, with whom he was in the process of divorce.

The best I can tell, Lambesis was facing a few charges and plead to just the one.  California's penal code is a little bit hard to get through, I am used to Nebraska which is a lot more straightforward and user-friendly.  But I did not find the necessary statutory sections to look into the possible penalties.  It appears that there are three possible penalties he could be looking at: three, six, or nine years.  Kind of strange.  There is nothing in the penal code that lays out what to consider in determining which of the three penalties to sentence.  I suspect it is a weighing of all of the information.  I can not find anything about what recommendation, if any, that the prosecutors will make.

So that's it for Lambesis for awhile.  His sentencing will be May 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment