Sunday, September 13, 2009

Strange Album Covers Pt. 3: Nudity

Last night I went to a strip club with my friend (my girlfriend was aware of this and okayed it, in fact she wanted to go too but had to work). Afterwards we got to talking and my friend suggested that I do an album cover post covering nudity, apparently inspired by the events of the night. So without further ado:
THE GATES OF SLUMBER: CONQUEROR
This is about as metal as an album cover can get. We have a barbarian standing over the corpse of his latest conquest holding a sword in one hand and the head of his enemy in the other. A naked woman sits at his feet.

AKERCOCKE: CHORONZON
Akercocke has made a career of having beautiful, naked women on their album covers. This is my personal favorite. Unfortunately, their last two albums have not featured naked women.

AKERCOCKE: RAPE OF THE BASTARD NAZARENE
This is my second favorite.

TRISTANIA: BEYOND THE VEIL
Here, we have three naked women laying on the rocks. The pictures on the inside of the booklet also feature naked women.

TYPE O NEGATIVE: BLOODY KISSES
They're not naked, at least as far as I can tell, but they are kissing, therefore, they deserve a place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment