Saturday, January 7, 2017

TSO in Council Bluffs: November 17, 2016

Somehow I forgot this one and my wife keeps pestering me to go back and write it.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of specific memories of it.  I have seen TSO with my wife four times now and this was one of the less impressive concerts.  Something just seemed to be missing and I don't know what it was.  The scale of the concert seemed to be cut down, there seemed to be fewer musicians, fewer songs, and the theme seemed like a rehash of previous ones.  I have no idea if any of this actually was true, but that is the way it seemed to me.

Of course the show was still entertaining.  Trans-Siberian Orchestra are phenomenal musicians, including some amazing singers.  And of course the visuals are always spectacular as well.  The story this time around was about a young woman who broke into an abandoned theater for warmth where a man, who was likely a ghost, found her and helped turn her decide to go back to her family.  And TSO did the usual two shows thing, following up the Christmas program with a much more rock-oriented show afterwards.

It was a good time, as it usually is, it just seemed somehow lacking this last year.  Nevertheless, I am sure I will end up seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment