Friday, August 14, 2009

Three Years Ago Yesterday...

Dissection mainman Jon Nodtveidt committed suicide. Nodtveidt was a member of the Misanthropic Luciferian Order and was a well-known Satanist. He was convicted of accessory to murder of a gay man and was released from prison in 2004. Thereafter, he reformed Dissection for one last album. Believing his work to be done on Earth, he committed suicide.

Nodtveidt is a great example of admiring an artist but not liking them as a person. I love Dissection's music, in particular Storm of the Light's Bane, which is one of my Top 5 all-time albums. Dissection introduced me to black metal and I will always like the band, even if their last album was not nearly as good. But Nodtveidt was not a good person. I will miss his work, but not his actions. Even so, Rest in Peace, Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment