Friday, May 13, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 30: Death

I am reposting this since Blogger went down. I did not have this saved anywhere so I am doing it from scratch.

Death is truly a revolutionary band. Largely cited as a pioneering band in the death metal scene, Death has remained hugely influential. Hell the entire genre was basically named after the band. Their debut album is still one of the best early examples in the death metal genre and has inspired tons of copycats. However, not content with simply founding an entire genre, Chuck Schuldiner pushed the boundaries of death metal with each new genre becoming more and more progressive until his untimely death. Despite this, Death has remained one of the greatest bands in the death metal genre.

FAVORITE ALBUM: SYMBOLIC

2 comments:

  1. It's just sad that Chuck didn't survive to keep pushing boundaries longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice. I think I'd put them in my top 10 bands, representing death along with Suffocation and (in a different way) Opeth.

    ReplyDelete