Thursday, May 5, 2011

My 100 Favorite Metal Bands Pt. 23: Cradle of Filth

Not everyone is going to like this choice. But I really do not care. This is my blog and I get to say what makes this list. So there. I have made my feelings about this band pretty well-known on here. I absolutely love the atmosphere Cradle of Filth creates, the gothic horror style of the music, and of course, Dani Filth's lyrics. Dani is one hell of a good lyricist, influenced by Poe, Lovecraft, Barker, and every other noteworthy horror writer. And of course Cradle of Filth has some damn catchy music. I thoroughly enjoy every single album I have heard from the band, which is almost all of them. They are something of a gateway into true black metal, but I was able to begin to appreciate them for what they really are. And that is a surprisingly catchy and original extreme gothic metal band.

FAVORITE ALBUM: DUSK AND HER EMBRACE

2 comments:

  1. I think it's an important part of being a metal fan to like at least a few bands that many people in the scene will dislike. I mean, what's interesting about only liking what other metal heads say is ok to like? It kind of defeats the whole "individuality" thing that is the foundation of metal.

    In any case, the way people look at me when I say my favorite band is In Flames, I can appreciate where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like Korn. Well, Korn before their latest album, anyway, and especially the first two. And Slipknot would probably still make my top 10 list (maybe), if I sat down and hammered out such a list. Well, now let's think . . . Black Sabbath, Metallica, Mercyful Fate, Suffocation, Mastodon, Death . . . yeah, I think there might still be room for them in the top 10.

    ReplyDelete