Thursday, June 13, 2019

Vomit Remants: Supreme Entity (1999)

Well, once again I mistakenly purchased a Vomit Remnants album that was subsumed in the compilation that I picked up years ago.  This is the band's first full-length release and finds the band fully-formed as a paint-by-the-numbers slam death.  That is not to say that this is bad, far from it, as the band is one that was instrumental in making me a fan of the genre.

This release by Vomit Remnants is absolutely sick and disgusting slam, punctuated by brutal riffs and guttural vocals.  The drum sound is terrible, sounding like pounding on a trash can, but that is just part of the charm.  There are a number of absolutely ridiculous samples preceding some of the songs, including what sounds like an advertisement for weed-growing tips.  I am not sure where these samples come from, but they are hilariously weird. 

Just like the last release I picked up from Vomit Remnants, this one features a number of live tracks added on at the end.  They are significantly better this time around, helped out by much better sound quality, but they still seem very unnecessary.

Vomit Remnants was an important band in getting me into slam death metal.  This album is a good example of why that is, checking all the major requirements of a slam album.  Hopefully next time I grab a release by Vomit Remnants, it will be one I have not heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment