Monday, February 15, 2010

Metal Pets Pt. 8: The Fish

My fiancee has turned into a fish fanatic. We currently have two aquariums. We have a small aquarium with a beta named Kashi, two corys named Wall-E and Bern-E, and a couple of neon tetras, both named Archimedes. This is a simple, small wall-mounted tank. We also have a much larger 55 gallon tank with a number of fish. We have two needle-nose gars named Harry and Harriet, two striped Raphael catfish named Henry and Henrietta, three black-finned sharks named Sharky, Slime, and Slick, a pictus catfish named Fluffy, and the pride of the tank: a black ghost knifefish named Spoon. I had little to nothing to do with the names of the fish.

I can't get a picture of the fish, because they don't sit still long enough to get a decent picture, but here's a stock picture of a black ghost knifefish.
The most interesting story so far with the fish is the time one of the needle-noses bit my fiancee. She had her finger in the aquarium while putting the divider on the top of the tank and one of them must have thought her finger was a worm. We still laugh about that. I haven't been bitten yet, but I'm sure my day is coming. I am after all in charge of feeding them live crickets occasionally since Mrs. Metallattorney does not want to sentence any living thing to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment