Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekly Recap April 18-April 24

Oh, what a week it's been. I've had client meltdowns and problems with the dogs. My fiancee went to Missouri to pick up a horse. I was supposed to be with her, but I got a phone call this morning from the kennel we left a couple of the dogs with that said that The Reaper was loose and had been since 5:30 a.m. Understandably pissed, I had to borrow my parents' truck to go back to Norfolk to find my dog. So my fiancee went ahead to Missouri and I went home to find The Reaper. I found him within 15 minutes. All told he was at large for about ten hours terrorizing the countryside.

Not much metal news this week. I subscribed to Decibel recently and got my first issue a couple days ago. I also picked up the Terrorizer issue with Varg Vikernes on the cover.

The list:
Abominator: Subversives for Lucifer
Aion: Noia
Akercocke: Antichrist
Anacrusis: Manic Impressions
Apophis: I am Your Blindness
Armored Saint: Symbol of Salvation
Artillery: When Death Comes
At the Gates: The Red in the Sky is Ours
Atheist: Piece of Time
Bathory: Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Blind Guardian: Nightfall in Middle Earth
Cadaver Inc.: Discipline
Cellador: Enter Deception
Chaosbreed: Unleashed Carnage
Coldworker: Rotting Paradise
Cruachan: Folk-Lore
Cryptopsy: Once was Not
Dark Angel: Time Does Not Heal
Darkthrone: Circle the Wagons
Darkthrone: Total Death
Death: Leprosy
Deceased...: Behind the Mourner's Veil
Deceased...: The Blueprints for Madness
Deicide: Deicide
Destruction: Inventor of Evil
Dismember: The God that Never Was
Dodsferd: Cursing Your Will to Live
Drawn and Quartered: Merciless Hammer of Lucifer
Enslaved: Below the Lights
Entombed: Serpent Saints-The Ten Amendments
Forgotten Tomb: Negative Megalomania
Godless Rising: Rising Hatred
Gorguts: Considered Dead/The Erosion of SanityGraveworm: Scourge of Malice
Grenouer: The Odour O'Folly
Hate Eternal: Fury & Flames
Hate Eternal: King of All Kings
Helloween: Gambling with the Devil
Hirax: Not Dead Yet
Hypocrisy: A Taste of Extreme Divinity
Hypocrisy: Virus
Immolation: Dawn of Possession
Impaled Nazarene: Pro Patria Finlandia
Infantry/Pyrotoxic: Thrash Clash Vol. 4
Intruder: Psycho Savant
Metal Mayhem
Mornaland/Abominator: Prelude to World Funeral...
Napalm Death: Fear, Emptiness, Despair
Nebula: Apollo
Necrodeath: Into the Macabre
Necrovation: Breed Deadness Blood
Neuraxis: The Thin Line Between
Nightrage: Sweet Vengeance
Nocturnal Fear: Metal of Honor
Nominon: Terra Necrosis
Nox: Ixaxaar
Orphaned Land: Mabool
Ozzy Osbourne: No More Tears
Paths of Possession: The End of the Hour
Phazm: Hate at First Seed
Postmortem: Repulsion
Revocation: Resistance is Futile
Sabbat: Karmagmassacre
Sarcofago: Rotting
Sarcolytic: Thee Arcane Progeny
Satan's Host: Purity, Power, Perfection-999
Sepultura: Schizophrenia
Sigh: Gallows Gallery
Skullcrushers
Sodom: Sodom
Suffocation: Human Waste
Tribulation: The Horror
Trouble: Psalm 9
Vader: The Art of War
Vital Remains: Horrors of Hell
Woe of Tyrants: Threnody
Wolf: Ravenous

3 comments:

  1. I got that issue of Terrorizer too. I'm fascinated by the whole Varg / Euronymous thing, though I would never pay any money for any of Varg's stuff (it's one thing to espouse dangerous beliefs, it's another thing to act on them criminally).

    That is my first ever metal magazine. I'd love to subscribe, but it's quite expensive.

    Hey, here's an idea for a post I'd be interested to see. I'd like to see you compare the pros and cons of some of the different metal mags. I can see Terrorizer has a lot going for it: it comes with a sample CD, it has A LOT of news and reviews, and it's British (so they cover the European scene much better than the American magazines), and it's not aimed too strongly at guitar players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I sort of did that once. I bought issues from four different magazines before going on vacation last year and kind of did a rough review of each one. Terrorizer came out on top with Revolver at the bottom.

    You can find them by going here:
    http://metallattorney.blogspot.com/search/label/magazines

    ReplyDelete