Thursday, April 15, 2010

Century Media Grab Bags

Last week, I received one of these as a free gift for placing an order with the record label for more than $50.00. These things usually cost about $10.00. Not a bad free gift, I thought. I had done this once before soon after moving to St. Paul and just beginning the major metal listening habit. At that time, I received nine CDs that I loved, and one that I traded in. Pretty good ratio.

So this time, I was hoping for something similar, boy was I disappointed. I guess you can't argue too much about something free, but I only got two albums that I will continue to listen to. The others, I already had (can't fault them too for that obviously) or had no interest in.

The first grab bag:
Andromeda: Extension of the Wish
Candiria: 300 Percent Density (traded in)
Darkane: Insanity
Diabolical Masquerade: Death's Design
Finntroll: Jaktens Tid
Internal Bleeding: Alien Breed
Jungle Rot: Dead and Buried
Macabre: Dahmer
Tiamat: The Astral Sleep
The Crown (Crown of Thorns): The Burning

All told that was a pretty good haul. Some Swedish thrash, folk metal, progressive metal, death metal, slam death, and the phenomenally bizarre Diabolical Masquerade album. Two of the albums were even ones I considered buying myself. Only Candiria was traded in as I am not a mathcore fan.

The second grab bag:
Arch Enemy: Rise of the Tyrant (traded in, already owned)
Behemoth: The Apostacy (traded in, already owned)
Cradle of Filth: Cruelty and the Beast (traded in, already owned)
Despised Icon: Day of Mourning
Duff McKagan's Loaded: Sick (traded in)
Endwell: Consequences (traded in)
Nachtmystium: Assassins-Black Meddle Pt. 1 (traded in, already owned)
Nebula: Apollo
Terror: The Damned, The Shamed (traded in)
The Miles Between: Deceive? (traded in)

Not nearly as a good of a haul. I'm not a huge fan of the Despised Icon album and the Nebula album is okay, but the others I got rid of. Terror, The Miles Between, and Endwell are all hardcore groups, and I am not a fan of hardcore. Duff McKagan is a former member of Guns 'N Roses, and I don't care for his solo work at all. Glad I did not pay for this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment